The following recipe will detail how to make Caramel Apple Cranberry Pies. Once finished, these pies will make for a delicious addition to your meal!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Yields: 12 pie slices.
The following is list of ingredients that you will need to make this dessert. You can make small modifications as needed, but avoid large changes (Unless you plan to make more servings than what is listed).
1 pastry for a 9-inch double pie crust
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 Granny Smith apples
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
3/4 cup of dried cranberries
Please note that the cooking time may vary per person because different ovens perform differently. Check up on the pies 5 minutes before they’re finished and once more 1 minute before they’re finished. They should look similar to the ones shown in the picture when finished!
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F. Press one of the pie pastries into a 9-inch pie plate; hold on to the remaining pastry.
- Pour the lemon juice into a container that’s large enough for the apples and fill it halfway with cold water. Peel and slice the apples into the lemon water then set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cornstarch to form a paste. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water along with the vanilla extract, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; bring to a simmer.
- Drain the apples and add them to the sugar mixture along with the cranberries. Cook and stir 5 minutes; remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the fruit into the pie plate and press on the top crust. Stir together 1 tablespoon of white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle over the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until the top crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Credit to Goldilocks19 from AllRecipes for creating this recipe! Here are some images from the baking process that you may use as reference:
Please don’t hesitate to leave a comment with your thoughts or suggestions!